November 29, 2020 | 10:30 am- 06:30 pm
Jawahar Bhawan, New Delhi
Samruddha Bharat Foundation and the Rajiv Gandhi Institute for Contemporary Studies organised a day long National Economy Conclave. The Conclave strove to identify the key economic challenges India faces, and propose fresh approaches to further India’s economic promise. The inaugural lecture was delivered by Shri Yashwant Sinha (Former Finance Minister, GoI) and the valedictory address was delivered by Dr. Manmohan Singh (Former Prime Minister, GoI). The Conclave covered five key themes-
- State of India’s Economy- Prof. Arun Kumar, Prof. Jayati Ghosh, Prof. MV Rajeev Gowda and Prof. Bhalchandra Mungekar.
- Addressing India’s Job Crisis- Prof. Santosh Mehrotra, Prof. Jeemol Unni, Shri D. Raja, Shri Arun Khobragade, Shri TKS Elangovan and Shri Vijay Mahajan.
- State of Industry & Finance– Shri Praveen Chakrabarty, Shri Vijay Mahajan, Shri Anil Bharadwaj and Shri Arun Goyal
- Addressing India’s Agrarian Crisis- Shri Ajay Vir Jhakhar, Shri Ashok Dhawale, Prof. Himanshu, Shri Himakiran and Shri Siraj Hussain
- Restoring Fiscal Federalism– Shri MK Venu, Dr. Yamini Aiyar, Shri Sitaram Yechury, Dr. Haseeb Drabu and Prof. Amirullah Khan.
The Conclave hosted panelists from seven parties (Congress Party, Communist Party of India-Marxist, Communist Party of India, Peoples’ Democratic Party, Rashtriya Janta Dal, Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam, and the Bhartiya Janta Party).